- How do I set up my emails?
- How do I check my emails when I am away from my computer? (Webmail)
- My mailbox is full?
- I’m not receiving any emails?
To setup an email address, you need to first create the address
by logging in to your hosting control panel, then:
• Click on Mail
• Click on Add/Remove Account
• Click on Add Account (bottom)
• Type name of email eg. sales, type in your password
and click on create.
• Click on Go Back
Some ISP’s are banning the use of Port 25 to try and stop
spamming therefore you may have to change the Outgoing Mail Server
SMTP address to your ISP address eg SMTP.ispname.com. This is found
in the above Tools section of Outlook Express.
When setting up to use email on your local computer through other
email programmes, please use the following details:
POP or IMAP: mail.[domainname.com]
SMTP: mail.[yourdomainname.com] or Your ISP’s outgoing mail server
Please contact your ISP for these details.
Username: Full Email address as created by you when creating the
mailbox in your control panel eg email@example.com
Password: As created by you when creating the mailbox in your control
Please click here if you are unsure which email programme you utilise
on your computer to check your emails. We only offer basic support for
Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express .
For more detailed instructions on setting up emails please click
on the email programme of your choice below.
Checking your emails when you are away from your computer is easy,
however you will need to have your passwords for each email address
handy (but in a safe place).
- On a computer which is connected to the internet open internet
- In the address bar at the top of the page type in the following:https://www.yourdomainname.com:2096
and press enter
- Type in your full email address you wish to check eg firstname.lastname@example.org
- Type in your password press ok
- Click on the webmail of your choice to check your email.
- Here you can also send and receive emails.
Once you return to your regular computer and check your emails
using Outlook (or your own email programme) this will download all
the messages stored on the server. Please be aware it does not download
any sent emails.
Your mail box on the server is like a regular letterbox. If
you use Outlook Express (or another email programme) from your
computer this downloads the emails to your computer. It’s just
like walking to your letterbox and taking out all the mail and
taking it inside to your desk. If you continually utilise Webmail
or IMAP(see above) this leaves all the emails on the server
(or leaves all the letters inside your letterbox) Eventually,
your mailbox (letterbox) will get full and you can’t fit any
more emails (letters) inside it.
Your mailbox can also fill up if someone has sent you an extremely
large email or two especially If you haven’t checked your emails
for a while.
If you mailbox does fill up, log into your Webmail (as above)
and delete any unwanted emails from the server. Then you can
download the rest by checking your emails using Outlook (or
another email programme on your computer). Also ensure that
you have not checked “do not delete emails from server” in your email setup options.
There can be several reasons why you are not receiving emails.
- Please check the settings in your email setup in case someone has changed your settings etc
- Check you are on the internet. Can you surf the web? If you can’t please call your ISP eg who you utilise to connect to the intenet eg Westnet
- If you have not set any emails up previously have you set them up on your Hosting Control Panel
- Check you Webmail (above) in case your mailbox has been jammed with a large email from someone. You can delete this from the server using webmail.
- If you can’t send emails then check your smtp settings are correct for your ISP. If they are correct and you still can’t send emails please contact your ISP as we cannot help you.